More difficult and reserved for intermediate level practitioners, here is a new variant of the biceps curl supination. The position of the body allows you to fully isolate your biceps, because no other muscle can be engaged.
Useful for developing your arms, this exercise is to include in your upper body sessions.
It takes place in three consecutive series with three different spacings. Here, we rely on several series of 10 repetitions, so it is more difficult, adapt the charges to go to the end.
A first series with dumbbells glued against each other to emphasize the external part of the biceps.
A second with the dumbbells at a shoulder width spacing for a classic movement on both parts (short and long head) of the biceps.
One last with a shoulder width spacing to favor the inner part.
To realize the movement of the biceps 10x10x10
- 1. Provide two dumbbells.
- 2. Sit in front of an incline bench for the biceps with the bust and upper legs in contact with the seat. The feet are on the ground ideally. Let the chest and shoulders free.
- 3. In each hand, hold the dumbbell with a supine and narrow grip (palm up).
- 4. Simultaneously raise the dumbbells towards the shoulder as high as possible to contract the muscle.
- 5. Go back down slowly and return to the home position.
- 6. Continue your series by repeating 10 times the movement.
- 7. Run a new series in shoulder width on 10 repetitions.
- 8. Make the last series in wide hold and always on 10 repetitions.
Here are our tips, advice, techniques to go further on the biceps 10x10x10
- 1. Do not pull with your back when bringing the bar back to you.
- 2. Keep a motionless posture, only the forearms move.
- 3. Keep feet anchored to the ground.
- 4. Control the movement fully, if your movements are unstable, take lighter dumbbells.
- 5. Watch your wrists, keep them steady during movement.
- 6. The elbows are locked.
- 7. Adjust the spacing of the grips according to how they feel.
- 8. Chain the 3 sets without recovery time.