With this movement you target the glutes, very common for this muscle group it is an essential exercise for all your leg sessions including glutes.
The hip thrust bar insulates your glutes and engages the abs, ischios, calves and quadriceps in a secondary way.
Here are the instructions to performances the hip thrust bar
- 1. Set a load on the bar. Ask for assistance if needed to place the bar in the crease of your hips.
- 2. Place the top of your back on the side of a flat bench. Keep your pelvis for the moment and place the bar (fold of the hips). Hold it wide and in supination.
- 3. While exhaling, raise your pelvis and hips by contracting your glutes.
- 4. Inhale and lower the hips again to return to the starting position.
- 5. Continue your series by repeating the movement.
Tips, advice, techniques, here is what you need for the hip thrust bar
- 1. Your abdominals must be permanently contracted during exercise.
- 2. During the contraction, bring the hips up to the shoulders
- 3. Extra difficulty option : add one or more heartbeats at maximum amplitude.
- 4. If you feel pain in the lower back, remember to exhale when raising your hips, otherwise discharge your bar or stop exercising.