Reserved for people of intermediate level, this movement is complete and allows to work effectively several muscles at the same time. In addition, it will also engage your lats to allow your arms to stay in the same axis and stabilize the back on the bench on the excentric way.
Shoulders are heavily stressed and must be stable during exercise.
Band pull over with band Instructions
- 1. Place the elastic in the center of the dumbbell and attach it to another support to be able to have resistance. And place the dumbbell at the headrest or on the floor as possible.
- 2. Lie down slowly on your back on the bench or with your natural arch.
- 3. Take the dumbbell stretched by the elastic and place it above your chest, elbows stretched. Here is the starting position.
- 4. While inhaling, slowly bring the dumbbell behind your head with arms outstretched.
- 5. Remontez l'haltère lentement l'haltère au dessus de votre poitrine.
- 6. Continuez votre série en répétant le mouvement.
Band pull over: techniques, tips and advice
- 1. Keep your head on the bench to protect the cervical spine.
- 2. On the descent you can align the elbows and the shoulders on the same line. Do not go down further.
- 3. Stabilize the pelvis by contracting the glutes and abdominals. As well as maintaining a pressure on the ground (or on the edges of the bench) with the feet.