Stretched legs are a variation of the classic deadlift.
Mainly it will be effective for hamstrings. it will work many other muscles such as: abdominals, adductors, calves, forearms, glutes, lats, lower back, quads, traps and upper back.
Ultra complete, it is one of the best compound exercises to strengthen its posterior chain.
Instructions for stiff legged barbell dead lift
- 1. Set the load you want to use on the bar.
- 2. Place your hips at the top of the bar, feet are at the width of the pelvis.
- 3. Lean your bust with your back flat, especially your lower back. And grab the bar with an alignment equal to the spacing of your shoulders. The legs are almost strained.
- 4. Bring out the torso, push the feet into the ground and bring your hips forward to raise the bar to their height. Feel a muscle connection at the back of the thigh.
- 5. Again, push your hips and buttocks back with your back flat, lower the bar along your legs to below your knees.
- 6. Continue your series by repeating the movement.
Stiff legged barbell dead lift : techniques, tips and advice
- 1. The legs are not fully stretched, stay slightly bent at the knees.
- 2. Voluntarily contract the glutes on the ascent.
- 3. Use a belt of force placed at the lower back level to secure your back.
- 4. Do not try to go down too low, keep control of the movement, if your back is rounded do not go lower. Do not bend your back.
- 5. Do not pull the bar with your arms and leave them stretched during exercise.