The shrug of the shoulders will be your asset for you to muscle effectively your traps. Feel free to charge heavy to be more efficient and get better feelings for your performance. Adjust according to your level.
This isolation exercise allows you to strengthen the upper part and will be more effective on the upper and middle beams of traps.
Instructions for schrug bar
- 1. Set the weight of the bar you want to use.
- 2. Place your feet under the bar at pelvis height, flex your knees to grab the bar with your hands facing the ground.
- 3. Push in your knees while keeping a flat back to raise the bar under your hips.
- 4. Make a shrug in the direction of the ceiling and hold the contraction for a second.
- 5. Release slowly and return to the starting position.
- 6. Continue your series by repeating the movement.
The techniques, tips and advice for schrug bar
- 1. Remember to secure the bar with rack bars on each side or ask for an assistant.
- 2. Lift your shoulders upwards and only in this direction.
- 3. Focus on shrugging and pausing times to maximize gains.
- 4. Visualize yourself hiding your neck.
- 5.The arms stay reached out and do not help to raise the bar.