Plank is a very complete and effective exercise to reinforce the whole of the previous chain. The deep muscles are strained and the longer you hold the position the more effective you are.
This compound exercise will mainly strengthen your rectus abdominis and your transverse. It is reserved for intermediate practitioners.
This is the instructions for the dynamic plank
- 1. Put yourself in the plank position on the hands for the upper body, and on the tip of the feet or on the knees for the bottom. The elongated body, the wrists under the shoulders with an alignment of the joints: ankles, pelvis, shoulders in the same axis.
- 2. Once in position on the ball, be sure not to arch or dig your back. Keep the buttocks aligned, do not raise them and do not lower it. Hold this position for two seconds.
- 3. Simultaneously raise your legs.
- 4. Slowly release the tension to return to the starting position.
- 5. Continue your series by repeating the movement with the opposite members.
The dynamic plank : several techniques, tips and advice
- 1. Be sheathed, for this, contract your abs.
- 2. Hold the position higher rather than close to the ground.
- 3. In your series, use slow movements or musical tempo to maintain abdominal contraction.
- 4. Define a number of repetitions for each side of the body and perform the movements alternately.