Here is the classic vertical pull machine. Very used, it is recommended in upper back sessions and for beginners.
On this guided machine, movement is assisted and warns you of possible injuries, provided you respect your muscular abilities and flexibility.
Single arm lat machine and its instructions
- 1. Set the load on the machine, sit down, grasp the handles and let your arms stretch.
- 2. While inhaling, simultaneously pull your arms down, letting the machine guide you
- 3. While exhaling, go back to the initial position
- 4. Continue your series by repeating the movement.
Single arm lat machine : some tips, advice and technique
- 1. Remember to inspire during the draw and exhale at the lift.
- 2. Focus your attention on the top of your back, tighten the shoulder blades during contraction for more feeling.
- 3. Remember to mark break times when you are in maximum amplitude.
- 4. Keep the return phase as much as possible, control the movement on the eccentric phase (when you release to return to the initial position).
- 5. Do not overtighten the handle to avoid overloading your forearms and biceps.
- 6. Look straight ahead and do not lower your head.