Being upright will cause you to lift some of your body weight and having a load on your shoulders will allow you to work deeper in your calves.
Instructions for standing calf on hack squat
- 1. Set the load you want to use on the machine
- 2. Put yourself in position: your feet are flat on the machine for the starting position. The shoulders are under the shoulder pads provided. The torso is pressed against the backrest.
- 3. Push at the same time with your toes and the soles of your feet to lift the load and remove the safety.
- 4. Release and slowly return to the home position.
- 5. While exhaling, push back into your toes
- 6. Continue your series by repeating the movement.
Several techniques, tips and advice for standing calf on hack squat
- 1. Be sure to voluntarily contract the calves when climbing.
- 2. Maintain a neutral bust position and keep you moving throughout the exercise: stay flat against the seat.
- 3. Focus on slow movements, and pause on ascent and descent.
- 4. During exercise, do not rest your heels completely.