This isolation exercise is an excellent working tool. The angles and types of exercises must be varied to maximize reinforcement. This is a variation of the classic seated calves knees flexed.
This movement works the calves muscles: namely the gastrocnemius (two lateral heads) and the soleus. As well as the anterior tibial and posterior tibial.
Seated knees straight calf here are the instructions
- 1. Sit on the machine with your back firmly against the seat.
- 2. Place the soles of your feet on the foot rails and leave your heels in the void.
- 3. Push both your toes and the soles of your feet forward.
- 4. Release and slowly return to the initial position.
- 5. Continue your series by repeating the movement.
Many techniques, tips and advice for seated knees straight calf
- 1. Be sure to voluntarily contract the calves on the way down.
- 2. Keep your back pressed against the seat.
- 3. Favor slow movements, and take breaks on the descent.