A new variation of the classic squat. It is very useful and allows you to work both your quadriceps and your ischios. It all depends on the part of the feet with which you push and the exercise phase. Holding down the descent will work your ischios, push in the soles of your feet will work more your quads.
Maintain regular weight training on your quads to stay fit. The lower limbs are to be prioritized because they are the most powerful of your body.
This compound exercise fully strengthens your quadriceps: right femoral, vast intermediate, vast lateral and vast medial and secondary your abdominals, adductors, calves, ischios, glutes and lower back.
This is the instructions for leg press feet down
- 1. Set the load on the machine
- 2. Place yourself on the machine: the back against the seat, the feet flat on the bottom of the tray and the distance of your feet to shoulder width.
- 3. Raise the station to remove safety.
- 4. Grab the handles and go down the tray, controlling the descent as much as possible by bending the knee to 45 degrees if you can.
- 5. Once down, push in your legs voluntarily contracting the quadriceps to go back to the initial position.
- 6. Continue your series by repeating the movement.
The leg press feet down : several techniques, tips and advice
- 1. We advise you to warm up with body weight squats.
- 2. Perform slow movements and use break times at the bottom and top of the exercise.
- 3. Stay against the machine and do not bend your back.
- 4. Do not go down too low if you are a beginner to plan the ascent.
- 5. Look ahead and adopt a neutral position of your head.