Increase the size of your triceps with this movement which is a variation of the classic pulley extension. Use it for your arm and upper body sessions.
The use of the pulley allows a better amplitude on the movement. This movement does not take into account the position of the hands in pronation or supination. Here, the fist surrounds the grip (rope, handle,) in a way to have the thumb at the same time on the side and on the upper part of the hand.
Instructions for unilateral cable extension
- 1. Place a single handle on a pulley machine in a way that it can be pulled to one side. Then set the load.
- 2. In standing position, place the handle in front of you at the ribs level with the elbow facing out.
- 3. While exhaling, extend the elbow and pull the handle outward.
- 4. While inhaling, bend your elbow again to return to the starting position.
- 5. Continue your series by repeating the movement.
Unilateral cable extension : several techniques, tips and advice
- 1. The grip of the handle is with the thumb up and the fingers towards you. Adjust the pulley height according to your size. The handle is slightly higher than the height of the elbow.
- 2. Lock the elbow in a way to move only the joint but not its position.
- 3. You can hold yourself on the station for more stability but do not force on this support.
- 4. You can help yourself with the other hand to increase the amplitude on the end of your series when exercise becomes difficult.