Here we are on an exercise to promote the development of triceps muscle. Very useful, he also works secondary muscles such as those of the shoulder namely the anterior deltoids and chest, especially the lower and intern part.
Here are the instruction for close grip barbell bench press
- 1. Set the desired load on the bar for your series.
- 2. Lying on the bench, the back plated on the bench, or with the natural arch, the feet are placed on the ground or on the sides of the bench. Here is the starting position.
- 3. Grasp the bar in pronation (palms of the hands upwards) with a width equal to the shoulders.
- 4. While inspiring and controlling the movement, lower the bar on the center of your chest on the same axis by bending your elbows down.
- 5. While exhaling, slowly extend the elbows to raise the bar to the initial position.
- 6. Continue your series by repeating the movement.
Close grip barbell bench press : several techniques, tips and advice
- 1. The bar can be placed on or under the sternum according to your feelings.
- 2. The elbows are tightened at the descent and are aligned with the shoulders. Do not bend your elbows out.
- 3. Perform the movement in depth, do not look for speed. For example, use two tempos when going up and down (1-2 / 1-2).
- 4. Perform the movement in depth, do not look for speed. For example, use two tempos when going up and down
- 5. Ask for assistance to lower the bar and keep your back on the bench.
- 6. Thumbs surround the bar, and tighten the bar without leaving any gaps to improve the safety, stability and maintenance of your shoulders.
- 7. The shoulder blades should be flat and tighter on the bench when the bar touches the chest.
- 8. Touch the chest with the bar, controlling the movement, without rebound or too much momentum for more efficiency.
- 9. Do not bend your back and keep your head flat on the bench.