On this exercise which works the muscles of the posterior chain, one must focus on the glutes.
This compound movement will work primarily your lower back and your glutes if you contract them. Also secondary muscles such as the abdominals, the hamstrings, as well as the spinal and sacro-lumbar muscles.
Instructions for dynamic back extension
- 1. Sit on the lumbar bench with your legs pressed against it. The moving part is at the pelvis and hips.
- 2. Place the feet with a pelvis width spacing and stand straight (sheathedd) by contracting your abs.
- 3. Tilt the bust downward dynamically.
- 4. Take a deep breath while pulling up the bust at the same pace, for this contract your glutes and lumbar at the same time without accentuating the curvature of the back.
- 5. While exhaling, lean your bust down again.
- 6. Continue your series by repeating the movement.
Dynamic back extension : several techniques, tips and advice
- 1. Adapt the bench according to your morphology : length of the legs and the bust, the inclination must be done from the hips.
- 2. Do not round your back while exercising.
- 3. Tilt the bust approximately 30 ° while controlling the descent.
- 4. Align your cervical spine with the spine.
- 5. Drop the weight (s) one by one and always the one from below if there are several.
- 6. Keep the weights pressed against the chest during the entire exercise.
- 7. Once the maximum extension is reached in the up position, use a break time before going back down.