What a good exercise to strengthen the shoulders, the military shoulder press. It will target your deltoids, the average and anterior beam.
Be careful not to overestimate yourself and put too much load on your spine.
If you are a beginner do not hesitate to sit down to do your movement.
To achieve barbell shoulder press, here are the instructions
- 1. Arrange a rack where you can position your free bar so that it can be raised into a sitting position (see video).
- 2. Set the load on your bar and place it at shoulder height.
- 3. Sit on the bench and plate your back. Then grab the bar in pronation (the back of the hands facing you) with shoulder width apart.
- 4. Raise the bar and place the front of you a few inches.
- 5. Raise the bar and extend the arms.
- 6. Lower the bar to return to the initial position.
Follow these tips, advice and techniques to improve yourself on the barbell shoulder press
- 1. The position of the back is important and you should not round it.
- 2. Pay attention to the movement of the bar so you do not get carried away.
- 3. Always make the movement on the same vertical axis.
- 4. Do not reach the maximum amplitude to stay in muscle contraction.
- 5. To go further on safety, your thumbs surround the bar to prevent slipping off your hands.
- 6. Shoulders and elbows are mobile during exercise, your wrists and fingers slide for movement as well, let them follow suit.