This movement for the calves is a variation of the standing calves exercice at the smith machine.
During this exercice you will soften your hamstrings and calves will also be stretched than the traditional exercice standing.
The step will also engage the stabilizer hip muscle
This movement works the calf muscles: namely the gastrocnemius (two lateral heads) and the soleus. As well as the anterior tibial and posterior tibial.
Instructions for the bent over calf raise on smith machine
- 1. Set the load you want to use on the bar and put it on your hip.
- 2. Take a step and place it under the bar
- 3. Climb on the step and leave your heels in the void. Place the bar on the fleshy part of the shoulders.
- 4. Place your hands on the bar with a spacing greater than that of the shoulders.
- 5. While exhaling, push your toes up again.
- 6. While inhaling, release the pressure in your toes, and return to the starting position.
- 7. Continue your series by repeating the movement.
Several techniques, tips and advice for the bent over calf raise on smith machine
- 1. Be sure to voluntarily contract the calves when climbing.
- 2. Make sure don't move your knie to focus on your calves.
- 3. Use large amplitudes to boost the effectiveness of the exercise.
- 4. You can hold the if you have trouble keeping the unlocked spinning bar or tubes in order to help you.