Here is a new exercise to develop your arms and triceps. Think to vary your body position and working angles to optimize muscle work.
The use of the pulley allows a better amplitude on the movement. Here the shoulders are engaged and if the exercise is painful, use another variant of the triceps.
Here are the instructions for standing overhead cable extension
- 1. Place a rope as low as possible on a pulley machine in a way that it can be mounted along your back. Then set the load.
- 2. Flex your knees to grab the rope. While standing, your elbows are bent and the forearms are backwards, the palms of your hands are facing inwards holding the rope approximately at the level of your shoulders.
- 3. Put one foot in front of you to stabilize yourself, lean the bust forward so that it is almost parallel to the ground.
- 4. Bend your elbows forward and then place the bar over your head, taking the bar with the back of your hands facing you and with a shoulder width spacing.
- 5. While exhaling, extend your elbows upwards and on the same axis to mount the rope.
- 6. While inhaling, bend your elbows further back and return to the initial position.
- 7. Continue your series by repeating the movement.
Standing overhead cable extension : several techniques, tips and advice
- 1. Be as aligned as possible: the spacing of the feet is the same or less than your shoulders and your posture is straight.
- 2. Lock your elbows in a way that you only move the joint but not its position.
- 3. You can flex your knees slightly to retrieve the rope and not pull on your back.
- 4. Be stable and without moving during the exercise.
- 5. Keep your elbows tight inwards.
- 6. Do not accentuate the curvature of the back and do not bend it. If it's too heavy, lighten the load.