Use the reverse cable extension to vary your workouts.
This triceps isolation exercise is used for upper body sessions. This is a variation on triceps exercises.
The use of the pulley allows a better amplitude on the movement. Being upside down forces you to focus on movement so you have good aligned movement and to protect your head on the return phase.
Here are the instructions for reverse cable extension
- 1. Place a rope on a pulley machine so that you can push it in front of you and higher than your head. Then set the load.
- 2. in standing position, take the rope in a way that you can push it away from the machine and in front of you.
- 3. Put one foot in front of you to stabilize yourself and lean the bust forward.
- 4. Bend your elbows forward and then place the rope over your head, taking the rope with shoulder width apart.
- 5. While exhaling, extend your elbows forward to push the rope in front of you.
- 6. While inhaling, bend your elbows forwards and return to their original position.
- 7. Continue your series by repeating the movement.
Reverse cable extension : several techniques, tips and advice
- 1. The wrists are neutral (palms of hands upwards).
- 2. Lock your elbows in a way that you only move the joint but not its position.
- 3. Veillez à avoir suffisamment d'espace au dessus de votre tête.
- 4. Be stable and without moving while exercising.
- 5. Keep your elbows tight inwards.
- 6. Control the movement without suffer from the load return backwards.