Put more difficulty and focus on one arm with the one-sided dumbbell neck extension seated.
This triceps isolation exercise is used for upper body sessions.
This is a variation on triceps exercises. It is intended for people of intermediate level, indeed, the extension of dumbbell to an arm is relatively difficult.
Here are the instructions for seated unilateral extension with dumbbell
- 1. Prepare a dumbbell for your series before putting yourself in the starting position.
- 2. In a sitting position on a flat bench or mounted at 90 °, the dumbbell is placed on your thighs.
- 3. Grab the dumbbell with one hand, extend your arm up in the shoulder alignment. With the palm of your hand opposite to you.
- 4. Slowly lower the dumbbell behind your head as low as possible.
- 5. Extend your arm again to return to the starting position.
- 6. Continue your series by repeating the movement.
Seated unilateral extension with dumbbell : several techniques, tips and advice
- 1. Remember to take the dumbbell with both hands to put yourself in the starting position, then remove a hand.
- 2. Lock the elbow in a way to move only the joint but not its position.
- 3. The non-working hand can be placed on your stomach to help stabilize the bust.
- 4. Favor the bench raised to 90 ° to secure your back.
- 5. If you are beginner to this exercise, take a light dumbbell to practice the movement rather than a heavy load.