Effective to catch a muscle deficit from one leg to another, the unilateral leg extension will also protect your quads by maintaining a muscle strong enough for your sessions. You can also use it as part of the recovery after an injury with progressive loading on the affected leg.
This is the instructions for unilateral leg extension
- 1. Set the load on the machine.
- 2. Sit down at the bottom of the seat and back straight. Then place the front of your ankle under the cushions provided.
- 3. While exhaling, extend your leg by unfolding your knee upwards and in the axis of the machine.
- 3. Slowly release muscle tension to lower the cushion by bending the knee.
- 4. Continue your series by repeating the movement.
Unilateral leg extension : several techniques, tips and advice
- 1. Do not bend your back.
- 2. Grasp the handles on the sides for more stability.
- 3. Perform slow movements and use breaks at the climb.
- 4. Be stable and without moving from the pelvis during exercise.
- 5. Voluntarily contract the top of your thighs (quadriceps).
- 6. Align your knee in the axis of the machine, do not deviate on the sides.