Leg curl variant, here we just use the leg extension upside down to isolate the hamstrings. You can use it to change exercise during a leg day.
It works the femoris biceps, the semi tendinous and the semi menbranous.
Standing leg curl with leg extension machine : execute these instructions to make the movement
- 1. Set the load that you want to use on the machine and place the station at a low position to put you in the starting position.
- 2. Stand facing the seat with the cushion of the station on the upper part of your ankles.
- 3. Grab the top of the seat to hold yourself during the exercise.
- 4. Flex the knee of your leg to ride the station.
- 5. Release the muscle tension and slowly return to the initial position by controlling the movement.
- 6. Continue your series by repeating the movement.
Standing leg curl with leg extension machine : improve your technique with our advice
- 1. The heel goes in the direction of the buttock during exercise.
- 2. Voluntarily contract your hamstrings (back of the thigh) on the way up.
- 3. To help to stabilize, press down into the ground with the heel of the support leg.
- 4. Perform the movement in depth, do not look for speed. The descent of the exercise takes twice as long as the climb.
- 5. Keep an alignment of the ankle, knee and pelvis joints in the same axis.
Log in to leave a reply