The fact of being inclined on the bench increases the difficulty on the exercise. Here the dumbbell incline allows you to work on your strength and muscle volume. Obviously the training method will be adjusted according to your objectives.
The work is performed on all the pectoral muscles, large and small pectoral. The muscles of the shoulder and triceps are solicited in a secondary way to help the movement.
Incline dumbbell chest instructions
- 1. Sit on the bench with the dumbbells in your hands in a neutral way (the palms are facing the ceiling when you are lying down). Put them on the top of your thighs.
- 2. Lie down slowly on your back on the bench or with your natural arch. Do not bend your back.
- 3. Place the dumbbells on your chest and elbows out. Align the handles with the chest.
- 4. While exhaling, extend your elbows and raise the dumbbells above your chest.
- 5. Go back down by bending your elbows out and bringing the dumbbells to your chest.
- 6. Continue your series by repeating the movement.
Incline dumbbell chest : techniques, tips and advice
- 1. Do not bend your wrists, keep a natural movement, you overload your forearms if you tighten your grip.
- 2. The movement gives flexibility in the elbows, keep the focus on your chest.L
- 3. the shoulder blades are tightened with the effort.
- 4. Secure your pelvis by keeping it on the ground, for that you contract your glutes and your abdominals.
- 5. Make the movement of a vise, so tighten your pecs without touching the dumbbells against each other.