The inclination of this exercise will focus on the upper part of your chest. This is a more accentuated variant of the inclined inclined bench press.
This exercise works mainly the muscles of the chest : the small and the large pectoralis. As well as secondary muscles such as the anterior deltoid located internally of the shoulder and triceps.
Why did I use a band ?
No, it's not to make things easier.
Adding a reverse band increases the benefits of the exercise.
What do I mean by that? Have you ever noticed how the most difficult part of a bench press is in the phase where you try to take off when you are at the very bottom, and once you have passed a certain degree, you feel considerably more comfortable ? Well, the bands eliminate that once set correctly. They reach where the perceived resistance is the same for the whole part of the movement.
How to place your tapes correctly? You install them where, when you reach the end of the concentric phase, they can not help you at all, and they really do not start to be solicited until halfway through the rehearsal (see the last rehearsal of my rehearsal). heavy series).
Here are the instructions for executions for the incline clavicle chest reverse band smith
- 1. Lie down gently on the incline bench. Respect your natural curvature. Do not bend your back.
- 2. With your feet flat on the floor or on the sides of the bench, place your hands on the bar at a slightly shoulder width spacing.
- 3. Once placed, make sure your back is tight and maintain this tension during exercise.
- 4. While inhaling, slowly lower the bar on your chest by bending your elbows out of the body.
- 5. While exhaling, raise the bar by extending your elbows and tightening your pecs.
- 6. Continue your series by repeating the movement.
The incline clavicle chest reverse band smith : techniques, tips and advice
- 1. Go down and climb the bar on the same axis. Imagine a straight line above your chest.
- 2. Keep your elbows flexible and maintain pressure on your chest.
- 3. Tighten your shoulder blades on the descending phase.
- 4. Stabilize the pelvis by contracting the glutes and abdominals. As well as maintaining a pressure on the ground (or on the edges of the bench) with the feet.
- 5. It is important to have a flat back and not accentuate the curvature.
- 6. Focus on the technique before thinking about heavy loads.