Vary your exercises with the standing pulley extension.
This triceps isolation exercise is used for upper body sessions.
The use of the pulley allows a better amplitude on the movement.
Here are the instructions for the standing extension with cable
- 1. Set the load for your series. Then prepare a straight bar, fixed on cables, higher than you when standing.
- 2. Take the bar with the palm of your hands down, to be able to get down this bar. The spread of the arms is the same as your shoulders. Then bring the bar to the sternum (the seam of the ribs).
- 3. Slightly bend your chest forward from your hips to position yourself. Keep your back flat, your legs have the witdh of your pelvis. here is the starting position.
- 4. While exhaling, pull the bar down while extending your elbows slowly backwards.
- 5. While inhaling, bend your elbows to raise the bar to the initial position by controlling the movement.
- 6. Continue your series by repeating the movement.
Techniques, tips and advice for the standing extension with cable
- 1. Lean the bust forward but do not bend your back.
- 2. The elbows are very close to the body. They are locked throughout the exercise.
- 3. Perform the movement in depth, do not look for speed. For example, use two tempos when going up and down.
- 4. For more sensations, do not stretch your elbows to stay in tension on your triceps.