Seven healthy and easy meals you can eat any time of the day
Are you trying to eat healthy foods for your workout? Here are seven different types of food that will help you reach your recovery goals.
We have all been there, we do not want to waste too much time cooking. At the same time, we want to eat healthily.
To keep fit, you need to eat the right food. Healthy foods will sustain you, and make you enabled to fulfill life goals and ambitions. Healthy foods will also boost your body's defense against diseases and prevent diseases in your organs.
While also important, eating healthy is not just about taking the right quantity of food. It also involves taking foods that give you the right nutrients from all the classes of food in the correct proportion and also eating them at the appropriate time.
Your diet must balance nutrients from all six classes of food namely carbohydrates, fats and oil, proteins, vitamins, minerals, and water. each of these classes has its benefits for your body. However, some classes are more needed than others.
In this article, you will learn seven healthy and easy meals that will help you maintain a healthy and fit body.
Seven healthy and easy meals you can eat any time of the day
Processed foods can be very unhealthy for your body. Foods that contain too many calories affect your fitness in the long run. They are not easily burned off and may require intensive exercises. Not only do they affect your body's fitness, but they also lead to fatty substances suspended in your body which may lead to diseases such as hypertension, diabetes, and stroke.
You might be wondering what healthy foods you can eat at any time of the day. Here are some foods that are healthy for your fitness goals.
To eat healthily, you should eat more non-starchy vegetables. Non-starchy vegetables give your body almost all the minerals and vitamins you need. They are also high in Fiber. They can help you to maintain your fitness goals by keeping you full. They also contain 90-95 percent of water and can help your body's daily fluid needs (4).
You need non-starchy vegetables for your fitness because they contain fewer carbohydrates and reduce the risk of high-calorie intake. Hence, you can take much quantity without affecting your weight goals. Examples of non-starchy vegetables are spinach, asparagus, celery, cucumber, leeks, mushroom, onions, and okra.
Satiety (the feeling of fullness after meals) has been proven to occur more in people who eat protein-rich rather than low protein (6). Protein helps to reduce hunger hormone (a chemical in your body that makes you feel more hungry).
When you eat more proteins rather than fatty foods, you tend to feel fuller and maintain your weight. Proteins will also help you build your muscles. Fill your plate with one-third of protein-rich foods. Examples of protein-rich foods are almonds, cheese, soy products, Greek yogurt, beans, and poultry.
Fruits are very rich in vitamins which are important for your body. Fruits are also rich in fiber. Fiber also helps in keeping you feel satisfied. This helps your weight maintenance in the long run by reducing the need to eat more and reducing the risk of high fat intake. Examples of fruits are apples, bananas, oranges, strawberries, and mangoes. You can easily eat or snack on these at any time of the day.
Whole grain cereals
Whole grains consist of all essential components of grains called endosperm, bran, and germ. You need to reduce processed or refined grains which contain only endosperm. Whole grains are healthy and should be taken more because they lower total cholesterol in your body. The World Health Organization recommend the consumption of Whole Grain Cereals for body weight management (7). Examples of whole grains are naked barley, brown rice, oatmeal, and muesli.
Low-fat dairy foods contain less cholesterol levels and can be easily used as a substitute for fatty foods. This will help your body's fitness. They are also rich in protein which helps build your muscles and maintain your weight. The large amounts of calcium in a low-fat diary help to reduce the energy available in fatty foods (8). Examples of low-fat dairy include skim yogurt, skim milk, fat-free cheese, and cottage cheese.
Lean meat as the name suggests is meats and cuts meat that contains lesser fats. Lean meats are also rich in protein and minerals essential for your body's fitness goals. Animal skins are fatty. Generally, skinless poultry meats are good examples of lean meat (skinless chicken, turkey breasts). Other examples are beef liver and tenderloins.
Fish is also one of the dietary requirements for a healthy body weight of the World Health Organization. As much as fats tend to be avoided, your body needs healthy fats. These oily Fish provides your body with these healthy fats. Fish are also, rich in protein. Examples of fish you should try are sardines, tuna, trout, and salmon.
Getting nutrients from all the classes of food
It is important to eat foods that contain nutrients from all 6 classes of food in the appropriate proportion.
- Carbohydrates are foods that give you energy the most. They also provide your brain energy. You need to consume more carbohydrates if you perform more strenuous activities often.
- Fats and Oils also give you energy. Fats pad most parts of your body exposed to surfaces such as your hands, feet, and buttocks. Among other functions, they keep your internal organs warm and help your skin to be smooth. This class of food is also useful in dissolving nutrients and as such must not be excluded from a healthy diet. Examples of foods that contain fats and oil include cream, vegetable oil, palm oil, butter, and cod liver oil.
- Proteins are body-building substances. They help your body replace tissues worn out with new ones. They can also serve as energy-giving foods if you don't have enough. Examples of foods that are protein-giving are eggs, cheese, beans, chicken, and fish.
- Vitamins are special nutrients that help to build your immune system. Vitamin A is important for your eye health. Vitamin B helps to fight against diseases such as anemia, and beriberi. Vitamin C helps in wound healing while Vitamin D supports proper bone growth. Vitamin K helps blood clot formation. Examples of foods that give vitamins are fruits, vegetables, tomatoes, potatoes, nuts, seeds, and bell peppers.
- Minerals help your body form hemoglobin, an important part of your red blood cells. They also help to regulate the normal development and functioning of your bones, brain, and heart. Minerals can also produce some important chemicals in your body known as enzymes and hormones. Examples of mineral-rich foods include Vegetables, Cereals, Bread, Nuts, and Milk.
- Water is very important to your body for many reasons. It has been proven that 60 percent of a (grown-up) male's body is water (3). Because females have more fats, however, each adult female body is estimated to have 55 percent of water (3). Water helps to form fluids in your body and also regulates your body temperature. It is necessary to keep hydrated throughout the day.
One of the most important factors for a fit and healthy body weight is a healthy diet. You must eat right to achieve and maintain your fitness goals.
To have access to other fitness-based content services that will enable you to maintain a healthier body, visit samysart.com.
Publié le 20/11/2022